September 21 – 22, 2019
2-day workshop. In this class, students will create a curved bracelet using piecing and carving techniques using polymer clay.
Discipline: Polymer clay
Skill level: Intermediate
Workshop cost: Member $250, Non-member $295
Kit cost: $12
Kit includes: Clay (black, white, yellow, green, red)
Supplies to bring to class:
- A sheet of medium-heavy card stock or index cards (5). Cards must measure at least 4 ¼” x 5 ¼”
- Acrylic rod (acrylic rolling pin)
- Scalpel or craft knife
- Brush for PolyPaste
- Round cutter set to determine what size the bracelet hole will be. You might not have the exact size but these help determine what the proper size should be
- Fine sewing needle
- Selection of small round Kemper cutters to cut fish eyes
- Texture sheets
- V gouge carving tool
- Deli paper
- Sanding block – Fine and medium grit
Instructor Name: Donna Kato
Date: Saturday and Sunday, September 21 – 22, 2019
Time: 9:00am- 4:00pm
Venue: American Legion, 7710 SW 59th Ave, South Miami, FL 33143
Lunch arrangements: Bring your own or purchase nearby.Add to Cart
Instructor Bio: Donna Kato is an artist working in
polymer clay. It has been her chosen medium since 1991 (approximately!). At
that time, the potential of the medium was just beginning to be understood and
it was the publication of Nan Roche’s book, The New Clay that can be credited
for starting her journey.
The first experimentations began
with Cernit. Shortly after, she began working with Kemper Enterprises, then
Polyform Products, Fimo and finally Van Aken, the company that produces Kato
When not in her studio or on the
road teaching, she can be found living high in the Rocky Mountains with her
husband Vernon, with Ditto and Dulce (kitties) and a new Australian Shepherd
genius puppy, Louis Armstrong Kato.
WORKSHOP CANCELLATION POLICY
- Payment is due in full at time of registration. If you must cancel a class, please notify us at gro.g1566085855ajfs.1566085855www@s1566085855pohsk1566085855row1566085855 as early as possible.
- Cancellations received more than 14 days before the starting day of a class will receive a full refund LESS a $25.00 cancellation fee.
- Cancellations received 7 – 13 days before the starting day of a class will receive a 50% refund.
- No refunds are given for cancellations received less than 7 days before the start date of a class. In the event of no refund, students will receive instructors hand-outs and/or instructions and have the option to purchase the instructor’s class kit.