January 31, 2021Add to Cart
Three organic leaf shapes are joined at the beginning ends of the leaves to form the central component of this design. Using a fun technique of color grading really makes this design shine. A beautifully bezeled cushion cut CZ adds the elegance to this design and just the right touch. A variation of RAW is used to create a fabulous strap ending in two lovely buttons and a button connector. The techniques that will be covered are: Variation of RAW; Flat peyote stitch with increasing and decreasing; Flat circular peyote stitch with increasing; Blending color techniques.
Note: This virtual workshop will be conducted on the zoom platform.
Discipline: Bead Weaving
Skill level: Intermediate to Advanced
Workshop cost: Member $85, Non-member $85
Member Early Bird through January 6 $75
Kits are mandatory for virtual classes to facilitate the learning experience.
Kit cost: $85.00 plus cost of 1 18 mm cushion cut (these range from 22-26 for the basic colors). Four kit color ways are available.
Kit includes: Everything except 1 18 mm cushion cut
Items needed for class (not included in kit):
- Microcrystalline beading wax (optional, but recommended)
- An assortment of beading needles
- Small sharp scissors
- Thread burner
- Beading surface of choice
- Lighting and magnification
Instructor Name: Cynthia Rutledge
Date: Sunday, January 31, 2021
Time: 11:00am- 5:00pm
Venue: ZoomAdd to Cart
Instructor Bio: Cynthia is a contemporary artist and teacher focusing on beadwork as her medium. She specializes in peyote stitch and off-loom weaving techniques with an emphasis on developing sculptural unsupported shapes in beadwork. Her work has been exhibited in national and international shows and has appeared in Nicolette Stessin’s Beaded Amulet Purses, Carol Taylor’s Creative Bead Jewelry, and Carol Wilcox Well’s Creative Bead Weaving: A Contemporary Guide to Classic Off-Loom Stitches.
WORKSHOP CANCELLATION POLICY
- Payment is due in full at time of registration. If you must cancel a class, please notify us at email@example.com as early as possible.
- Cancellations received more than 14 days before the starting day of a class will receive a full refund LESS a $25.00 cancellation fee.
- Cancellations received 7 – 13 days before the starting day of a class will receive a 50% refund.
- No refunds are given for cancellations received less than 7 days before the start date of a class. In the event of no refund, students will receive instructors’ hand-outs and/or instructions and have the option to purchase the instructor’s class kit.