January 22, 2022Add to Cart
Combine a beautiful chain with a dramatic pendant, and you have a contemporary necklace that has timeless elegance. Whether you wear it with jeans and western boots, or a velvet cocktail outfit, Swaying in Harmony will be a staple in your wardrobe. Add earrings and this set will be indispensable!
Using my 2-part bezeling techniques, an 18mm cushion cut CZ and an 18x13mm pear CZ are simply bezeled and embellished. Connected together with beaded jump-rings and then attached to the. chain with a flat peyote stitch bail. The chain is quite unusual. A version of netting; this chain is flexible, strong and beautiful. Since the necklace is long, earrings seemed the best way to accent all of the details. Continuing with the 2-part bezeling techniques, 10mm CZs and 18x13mm pear CZs are. bezeled, embellished and attached to each other. The addition of the amazing CZ-set ear wires adds that last elegant touch.
Necklace: Cord is a 39-inch (99cm) long circle. The pendant is 1 inch (2.5cm) wide by 2 ¾ inches (7cm) long including the bail.
Earrings: ¾ inches (2cm) wide by 2 ¼ inches (5.75cm) long
- Bezel work
- Embellishing techniques
- Flat-circular even count peyote stitch with increasing
- Flat-odd count peyote stitch done in the step up/step down technique
- Netting variation
- Stitch-in-the-ditch techniques
Discipline: Bead Weaving
Skill level: Intermediate to advanced. Basic peyote stitch skills are required.
Workshop cost: Member $70, Non-member $90
Kit cost: CZ costs and colorways are as follows. Cynthia Rutledge will contact you for your kit choice after placing the order of the Zoom class. Kits will be paid to Cynthia directly.
- Platinum with Gold: $100 each for the kit plus the cost of one 18mm cushion cut CZ and one 18x13mm pear CZ for the necklace and two 10mm round CZs and two 18x13mm pear CZs for the earrings.
- Gold with Platinum (A reverse of the first sample): $100 each for the kit plus the cost of one 18mm cushion cut CZ and one 18x13mm pear CZ for the necklace and two 10mm round CZs and two 18x13mm pear CZs for the earrings.
- Blue/purple: $40.00 each plus the cost of one 18mm cushion cut CZ and one 18x13mm pear CZ for the necklace and two 10mm round CZs and two 18x13mm pear CZs for the earrings.
- Bronze AB/lavender: $60.00 each plus the cost of one 18mm cushion cut CZ and one 18x13mm pear CZ for the necklace and two 10mm round CZs and two 18x13mm pear CZs for the earrings.
- 1 pair of CZ-set ear wires are included with each kit
- Kits do not include the CZs
- All CZs colors and prices can be seen at https://cynthiarutledge.bigcartel.com/category/czs
Supplies to bring to class:
- an assortment of needle sizes
- awl to round out beaded jump-rings
- beading surface of choice
- small, sharp scissors and a thread burner
- your basic beading supplies
Instructor Name: Cynthia Rutledge
Date: Saturday, January 22, 2022
Time: 11:00am- 5:00pm EST
Venue: ZoomAdd to Cart
Cynthia is a contemporary artist and teacher focusing on beadwork as her medium. She specializes in peyote stitch and off-loom weaving techniques with an emphasis on developing sculptural unsupported shapes in beadwork.
Her work has been exhibited in national and international shows and has appeared in Nicolette Stessin’s Beaded Amulet Purses, Carol Taylor’s Creative Bead Jewelry, and Carol Wilcox Wells’ Creative Bead Weaving: A Contemporary Guide to Classic Off-Loom Stitches.
“My attraction to 3-dimensional shapes has created a fascination for me throughout my life and has fueled my creative spirit. My choice of beadwork as a primary medium has followed that same fascination. As my beadwork has evolved, my work seems to always lean towards the building of shapes and forms that are functional and wearable.
The choice to use beads as my medium was primarily influenced by my love of color. Beads reflect and absorb light, hold shape and dimension, and in so doing, offer chameleon-like qualities. It is not always the end result that is the most important to me, however. The process of working with beads and thread is meditative and calming, which allows time for reflection. Engineering each piece is always a challenge that thrills me, as well as giving me the power to make the decisions that need to be made for each piece. The more I experience the wonderful qualities of beadwork, the more I realize my relationship with beads will always be one of learning, experiencing and sharing.
The decision to teach grew from my personal desire to share my love of beads and all the wonderful things that can be created with them. The commitment that I have to teaching stems from my desire to share the knowledge I have gained while developing my own skills in this medium. Ultimately, my mission is to help to keep this art form alive and well.”
WORKSHOP CANCELLATION POLICY
- Payment is due in full at time of registration. If you must cancel a class, please notify us at email@example.com as early as possible.
- Cancellations received more than 14 days before the starting day of a class will receive a full refund LESS a $25.00 cancellation fee.
- Cancellations received 7 – 13 days before the starting day of a class will receive a 50% refund.
- No refunds are given for cancellations received less than 7 days before the start date of a class. In the event of no refund, students will receive instructors’ hand-outs and/or instructions and have the option to purchase the instructor’s class kit.