January 30, 2021Add to Cart
Symbol of the West is inspired by the early bolo styles. A “woven” peyote stitch cord ends in two bezeled metal ovals and a decorative pearl and beaded cap. The slide is actually stationery in this design. An oval metal component is the backdrop for a bezeled CZ and pear CZ drop. A bolo tie taken to another level! metal. The metal techniques will be demonstrated in class, but you will be getting punched and ready to use components with your kit.
Note: This virtual workshop will be conducted on the zoom platform.
Discipline: Bead Weaving
Skill level: Intermediate to Advanced
Workshop cost: Member $85, Non-member $85
Member Early Bird through January 6 $75
Kits are mandatory for virtual classes to facilitate the learning experience.
Kit cost: $95.00 plus cost of one 10 mm round CZ and one 10 mm x 15 mm pear CZ optional earrings require two 14 mm cushion cut CZs. Three kit color ways are available.
Kit includes: Everything you need except one 10 mm round CZ and one 10 mm x 15 mm pear, CZ optional earrings require two 14 mm cushion cut CZs
Items needed for class (not included in kit):
- Microcrystalline beading wax (optional, but recommended)
- Beading needles in an assortment of sizes
- Small, sharp scissors for cutting thread
- Thread burner
- Teflon coated craft scissors
- 6-inch ruler
- Thin permanent marker
- Beading surface of choice
- Lighting and magnification
Instructor Name: Cynthia Rutledge
Date: Saturday, January 30, 2021
Time: 11:00am- 5:00pm
Venue: ZoomAdd to Cart
Instructor Bio: Cynthia is a contemporary artist and teacher focusing on beadwork as her medium. She specializes in peyote stitch and off-loom weaving techniques with an emphasis on developing sculptural unsupported shapes in beadwork. Her work has been exhibited in national and international shows and has appeared in Nicolette Stessin’s Beaded Amulet Purses, Carol Taylor’s Creative Bead Jewelry, and Carol Wilcox Well’s Creative Bead Weaving: A Contemporary Guide to Classic Off-Loom Stitches.
WORKSHOP CANCELLATION POLICY
- Payment is due in full at time of registration. If you must cancel a class, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org as early as possible.
- Cancellations received more than 14 days before the starting day of a class will receive a full refund LESS a $25.00 cancellation fee.
- Cancellations received 7 – 13 days before the starting day of a class will receive a 50% refund.
- No refunds are given for cancellations received less than 7 days before the start date of a class. In the event of no refund, students will receive instructors’ hand-outs and/or instructions and have the option to purchase the instructor’s class kit.