February 2, 2020Add to Cart
Three Nights in Paris is inspired by all of the imagery viewed while Cynthia was researching information about early Paris. This design evokes the blend of the Renaissance period, with the new and exciting, Art Nouveau style. A unique way of bezeling a pear CZ offers a smooth shape and is much easier than the traditional way. Swarovski pearl cabs, with herringbone shaped embellishing, have an art nouveau feel. Flat peyote stitched necklace straps, interspersed with tiny bezeled 6mm CZ’s, add just the right touch to this delicate necklace.
Discipline: Bead Weaving
Skill level: Intermediate to Advanced
Workshop cost: Member $70, Non-member $90
Kit cost: $35.00 plus the cost of one 18x13mm Cubic Zirconia, plus 15-6mm Cubic Zirconia’s
Supplies to bring to class:
- beading needles
- beading mat
- tape measure
- chain nose pliers (optional)
- magnifiers (optional)
- task lamp (optional)
- awl (optional)
Instructor Name: Cynthia Rutledge
Date: Sunday, February 2, 2020
Time: 10:00am- 4:00pm
Venue: South Miami area – specific location to be provided after registration
Lunch arrangements: Bring your own.Add to Cart
Instructor Bio: Cynthia is a contemporary artist and teacher focusing on beadwork as her medium. She specializes in peyote stitch and off-loom weaving techniques with an emphasis on developing sculptural unsupported shapes in beadwork. Her work has been exhibited in national and international shows and has appeared in Nicolette Stessin’s Beaded Amulet Purses, Carol Taylor’s Creative Bead Jewelry, and Carol Wilcox Well’s Creative Bead Weaving: A Contemporary Guide to Classic Off-Loom Stitches.
WORKSHOP CANCELLATION POLICY
- Payment is due in full at time of registration. If you must cancel a class, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org as early as possible.
- Cancellations received more than 14 days before the starting day of a class will receive a full refund LESS a $25.00 cancellation fee.
- Cancellations received 7 – 13 days before the starting day of a class will receive a 50% refund.
- No refunds are given for cancellations received less than 7 days before the start date of a class. In the event of no refund, students will receive instructors’ hand-outs and/or instructions and have the option to purchase the instructor’s class kit.