February 1, 2020Add to Cart
A Cut Above was inspired by two different aspects of the work of Antoni Gaudí. The first, being the architectural flowing shapes, arches, and spires of his work. The second was to capture the essence of his use of color and light. Each tassel consists of three shaped components, laced together to form “windows” of color and structure. At the top of each of the tassels is a four-sided CZ beaded bead, reflecting light as it is worn. The chain is a filled-netting, evoking the style of leaded glass, and the ending is a sliding clasp.
Discipline: Bead Weaving
Skill level: Intermediate to Advanced
Flat peyote stitch with increasing
Tubular peyote stitch with decreasing
Workshop cost: Member $70, Non-member $90
Kit cost: $195.00 plus the cost of 8 Cubic Zirconias (.65 each up to about 13.00 each)
Supplies to bring to class:
- beading needles
- beading mat
- tape measure
- chain nose pliers (optional)
- magnifiers (optional)
- task lamp (optional)
- awl (optional)
Instructor Name: Cynthia Rutledge
Date: Saturday, February 1, 2020
Time: 10:00am- 4:00pm
Venue: South Miami area – specific location to be provided after registration
Lunch arrangements: Bring your own.Add to Cart
Instructor Bio: Cynthia is a contemporary artist and teacher focusing on beadwork as her medium. She specializes in peyote stitch and off-loom weaving techniques with an emphasis on developing sculptural unsupported shapes in beadwork. Her work has been exhibited in national and international shows and has appeared in Nicolette Stessin’s Beaded Amulet Purses, Carol Taylor’s Creative Bead Jewelry, and Carol Wilcox Well’s Creative Bead Weaving: A Contemporary Guide to Classic Off-Loom Stitches.
WORKSHOP CANCELLATION POLICY
- Payment is due in full at time of registration. If you must cancel a class, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org as early as possible.
- Cancellations received more than 14 days before the starting day of a class will receive a full refund LESS a $25.00 cancellation fee.
- Cancellations received 7 – 13 days before the starting day of a class will receive a 50% refund.
- No refunds are given for cancellations received less than 7 days before the start date of a class. In the event of no refund, students will receive instructors’ hand-outs and/or instructions and have the option to purchase the instructor’s class kit.