December 14, 2019
In this class we will create a beautiful art journal from scratch. Painting a canvas for the cover and various sizes and weights of papers using brushes, stamps, a gelli plate and found objects. Bring your apron and creative enthusiasm for a day of exploring mark making and monoprinting techniques.
Discipline: Painting papers and bookbinding
Skill level: All Levels
Workshop cost: Member $50, Non-member $75
Kit cost: $15
- canvas for cover
- sari silk ribbon
- various weight/sizes of paper
- mark marking tools
Items to Bring:
- one gelliarts plate (8×10” of smaller ont, any shape
- 2 to 4 inch rubber brayer
- 1 or 2 brushes paint (1/2 to 1-inch)
- apron and towel
- wet wipes
- one 1 to 2-inch button for closure
- matte gel medium or UHU glue stick
- pen & paper for notes
- acrylic paints in your favorite colors
Instructor Name: Lynn Yuhr
Date: Saturday, December 14, 2019
Time: 10:00am- 4:00pm with lunchtime included.
Venue: Moose Lodge, 9900 SW 77th Ave., Miami, FL 33156
Lunch arrangements: There are places nearby to purchase lunch including at the Moose Lodge. You may also bring your own lunch.Add to Cart
Lynn Yuhr has lived in Miami for most of her life and has always had a love of nature. She has focused on hand-crafted arts such as jewelry, creating art journals and books, and jumping into mixed-media that often uses nature as a focal point. She holds a firm belief that the act of creating something softens one’s heart and opens one’s mind. She is a founding member and past-president of the South Florida Jewelry Arts Guild (2005) and has taught at a number of local venues including South Florida Jewelry Arts Guild and Fairchild Gardens as well as at national venues and retreats.
WORKSHOP CANCELLATION POLICY
- Payment is due in full at time of registration. If you must cancel a class, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org as early as possible.
- Cancellations received more than 14 days before the starting day of a class will receive a full refund LESS a $25.00 cancellation fee.
- Cancellations received 7 – 13 days before the starting day of a class will receive a 50% refund.
- No refunds are given for cancellations received less than 7 days before the start date of a class. In the event of no refund, students will receive the instructor’s hand-outs and/or instructions and have the option to purchase the instructor’s class kit.