June 1, 2019
- Cut, file, sand, and form a metal pendant
- Design, shape, and solder prong setting for a pendant
- Design and fire torch enamel pendant
- Finishing details
Discipline: Metalwork • Solder • Enamel
Skill level: All levels
Workshop cost: Member $50, Non-member $75Add to Cart
Kit cost: $40 (paid directly to instructor)
- Sheet metal to make a pendant
- Use of teacher’s enamels
- Use of propane torch (enamels)
- Use of butane torch (soldering)
- Wire for a prong setting
- Fire brick soldering station
- Flux, solder, pickle pot, steel wool
- Use of various tools
Supplies to bring to class:
- Pliers: round nose, flat nose, chain nose
- Wire cutter
- Jewelry saw and blades (size 2) or metal shears
- Bench block, wooden dapping set
- Chasing hammer and mallet
- Metal file, sandpaper, steel wool, 3m
- Butane torch (if you have it)
- Tripod mesh (if you have it)
Instructor Name: Mariela Corte
Mariela Corte has been a working artist for more than 12 years. She has been president of the South Florida Jewelry Arts Guild and is an active member supporting the Board and the Education Committee. She is also a member of the Florida Society of Goldsmiths. Her primary work is as a Metalsmith and wire weaving, but she has also worked in bead weaving, Kumihimo, Polymer Clay, Enamels and mixed media projects.
Mariela toke classes of Metal Work in Miami Dade College under Maureen Shankey, and also has taken workshops with many prestigious national and international artists such as: Mary Hettmansperger, Pauline Warg, Sam Patania, Thomas Mann, Richard Sally, Sherry Haab, Kim StJean, Barbara Beck-Simon, Gail Crosman-Moore, Linda Landy, Rachel Nelson-Smith, Anne Mitchell, Patrick Kusek , Robert Dancik, Christopher Darway, Robin Cornelius, Kaska Firor, Sahara Thomson, Barbara McGuire, Maggie Maggio, Kathleen Dustin, Brenda Schweder, Jen Cushman and many more wonderful artists.
She also went to Paris and the south of France for a 2 weeks workshop on “Found Objects” with Susan Lenat-Kazmer and Linda Larsen, and participate in the 2 weeks long famous Bead and Button annual Show in Milwaukee where there are more than 800 workshops with very prestigious Artists.
Mrs. Corte also enjoys teaching workshops at national shows and Art societies sharing her knowledge with art enthusiast as herself.
Date: June 01, 2019
Time: 10:00am – 4:00pm with lunchtime included.
Venue: Moose Lodge, 9900 SW 77th Ave., Miami, FL 33156
Lunch arrangements: There are places nearby to purchase lunch including at the Moose Lodge. You may also bring your own lunch.Add to Cart
WORKSHOP CANCELLATION POLICY
- Payment is due in full at time of registration. If you must cancel a class, please notify us at gro.g1561018617ajfs.1561018617www@s1561018617pohsk1561018617row1561018617 as early as possible.
- Cancellations received more than 14 days before the starting day of a class will receive a full refund LESS a $25.00 cancellation fee.
- Cancellations received 7 – 13 days before the starting day of a class will receive a 50% refund.
- No refunds are given for cancellations received less than 7 days before the start date of a class. In the event of no refund, students will receive instructors hand-outs and/or instructions and have the option to purchase the instructor’s class kit.