September 20, 2019
In this class, students will make earrings using caning and colored pencil techniques.
Discipline: Polymer clay
Skill level: All levels
Workshop cost: Member $125, Non-member $170
Kit cost: $7
Kit includes: Clay (black, white, yellow, green, red)
Supplies to bring to class:
- Pasta machine
- Acrylic rod (acrylic rolling pin)
- Brass rod – Approx. 10 -15mm in diameter. A smooth, straight-sided pen will also work
- Old credit card
- A round metal bowl (we will cure on this). Ikea sells the perfect medium-sized bowls
- Texture sponge (optional)
- Scalpel or craft knife
- Sanding block – medium grit
- Colored pencils (Donna uses Prismacolor). You will need shades of green, chalky pastels in the greens or blues, white, and an orange or red pencil
- Super glue – CA (cyanoacrylate) glue
- Note – Donna will bring backs for the earrings, deli paper, and metal foil.
Instructor Name: Donna Kato
Date: Friday, September 20, 2019
Time: 9:00am- 4:00pm
Venue: American Legion, 7710 SW 59th Ave, South Miami, FL 33143
Lunch arrangements: Bring your own or purchase nearby.Add to Cart
Instructor Bio: Donna Kato is an artist working in
polymer clay. It has been her chosen medium since 1991 (approximately!). At
that time, the potential of the medium was just beginning to be understood and
it was the publication of Nan Roche’s book, The New Clay that can be credited
for starting her journey.
The first experimentations began
with Cernit. Shortly after, she began working with Kemper Enterprises, then
Polyform Products, Fimo and finally Van Aken, the company that produces Kato
When not in her studio or on the
road teaching, she can be found living high in the Rocky Mountains with her
husband Vernon, with Ditto and Dulce (kitties) and a new Australian Shepherd
genius puppy, Louis Armstrong Kato.
WORKSHOP CANCELLATION POLICY
- Payment is due in full at time of registration. If you must cancel a class, please notify us at gro.g1566083532ajfs.1566083532www@s1566083532pohsk1566083532row1566083532 as early as possible.
- Cancellations received more than 14 days before the starting day of a class will receive a full refund LESS a $25.00 cancellation fee.
- Cancellations received 7 – 13 days before the starting day of a class will receive a 50% refund.
- No refunds are given for cancellations received less than 7 days before the start date of a class. In the event of no refund, students will receive instructors hand-outs and/or instructions and have the option to purchase the instructor’s class kit.