Make a chain using one of Donna’s favorite techniques – carving. Skinner Blends on top and under. Making sheets, wrapping around clay cylinders, shaping, curing and carving.
Discipline: Polymer Clay
Skill level: All levels
Workshop cost: Member $250, Non-member $295
Kit cost: $20
- CA glue
Items to bring:
- Clay blade
- Work surface (ceramic tile)
- Ball stylus – 2mm ball tip
- Acrylic rod (acrylic rolling pin)
- Brass tube or thick knitting needle. A smooth, straight-sided pen will also work
- Scalpel or craft knife
- Scrap clay – preferably Kato
- Texture sponge – optional
- Brush for liquid clay
- Deli paper
- For baking – bed of baking soda in a shallow tray
Instructor Name: Donna Kato
Instructor Bio: Donna Kato is an artist working in polymer clay. It has been her chosen medium since 1991 (approximately!). At that time, the potential of the medium was just beginning to be understood and it was the publication of Nan Roche’s book, The New Clay that can be credited for starting her journey.
The first experimentations began with Cernit. Shortly after, she began working with Kemper Enterprises, then Polyform Products, Fimo and finally Van Aken, the company that produces Kato Polyclay.
When not in her studio or on the road teaching, she can be found living high in the Rocky Mountains with her husband Vernon, with Ditto and Dulce (kitties) and a new Australian Shepherd genius puppy, Louis Armstrong Kato.
Date: 2-day Workshop – Saturday & Sunday, June 20 & 21, 2020
Time: 9:00am – 4:00pm
Venue: American Legion – 7710 SW 59th Ave, South Miami, FL 33143
Lunch arrangements: bring your own lunch or lunch is available to purchase nearby.
WORKSHOP CANCELLATION POLICY
- Payment is due in full at time of registration. If you must cancel a class, please notify us at email@example.com as early as possible.
- Cancellations received more than 14 days before the starting day of a class will receive a full refund LESS a $25.00 cancellation fee.
- Cancellations received 7 – 13 days before the starting day of a class will receive a 50% refund.
- No refunds are given for cancellations received less than 7 days before the start date of a class. In the event of no refund, students will receive the instructor’s hand-outs and/or instructions and have the option to purchase the instructor’s class kit.