In this class, students will make earrings using caning and colored pencil techniques.
Discipline: Polymer Clay
Skill level: All levels
Workshop cost: Member $125, Non-member $170
Kit cost: $7
- Clay (black, white, yellow, green, red)
Furnished items for use in class
- Earring backs, deli paper, metal foil
Items to bring:
- Pasta machine
- Tissue blade
- Scalpel or craft knife
- Acrylic rod (acrylic rolling pin)
- Brass rod – approx. 10-15mm in diameter. A smooth, straight-sided pen will also work.
- Old credit card
- A round metal bowl (we will cure on this). Ikea sells the perfect medium-sized bowls.
- Sanding block – medium grit
- Colored pencils (Donna uses Prismacolor). You will need shades of green, chalky pastels in the greens or blues, white, and an orange or red pencil.
- Super glue – CA (Cyanoacrylate) glue
- Apron, rags or wet wipes
- Texture sponge
Instructor Name: Donna Kato
Instructor Bio: Donna Kato is an artist working in polymer clay. It has been her chosen medium since 1991 (approximately!). At that time, the potential of the medium was just beginning to be understood and it was the publication of Nan Roche’s book, The New Clay that can be credited for starting her journey.
The first experimentations began with Cernit. Shortly after, she began working with Kemper Enterprises, then Polyform Products, Fimo and finally Van Aken, the company that produces Kato Polyclay.
When not in her studio or on the road teaching, she can be found living high in the Rocky Mountains with her husband Vernon, with Ditto and Dulce (kitties) and a new Australian Shepherd genius puppy, Louis Armstrong Kato.
Date: Friday, June 19, 2020
Time: 9:00am – 4:00pm
Venue: American Legion – 7710 SW 59th Ave, South Miami, FL 33143
Lunch arrangements: bring your own lunch or lunch is available to purchase nearby.
WORKSHOP CANCELLATION POLICY
- Payment is due in full at time of registration. If you must cancel a class, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org as early as possible.
- Cancellations received more than 14 days before the starting day of a class will receive a full refund LESS a $25.00 cancellation fee.
- Cancellations received 7 – 13 days before the starting day of a class will receive a 50% refund.
- No refunds are given for cancellations received less than 7 days before the start date of a class. In the event of no refund, students will receive instructors hand-outs and/or instructions and have the option to purchase the instructor’s class kit.