Come and join a fun and colorful class!
The Bella Bracelet has multiple strips of beaded bracelets covered and embellished with pearls and shiny crystals. The fringe adds and extra special texture and is fun to wear as it embellishes your wrists.
Discipline: Bead Weaving
Techniques Used: Odd count peyote and right-angle weave. Works well for beginner/intermediate weavers.
Skill level: All levels
Workshop cost: Member $70, Non-member $90
Kit cost: $115 – 4 colors available.
Please let her know as you order your kit if you need to have it shipped or not.
- Japanese seed beads and cylinder beads
- Crystal bicones
- Round beads, glass beads, pearls
- Large slide bar clasp
Items to bring:
Instructions for the class will be emailed to you a few days before class,
please print and bring to class.
- beading needles
- beading thread
- beading mat
- tape measure
- chain nose pliers (optional)
- magnifiers (optional)
- task lamp (optional)
- awl (optional)
Instructor Name: Liisa Turunen
Instructor Bio: Liisa threaded her first beading needle back in 1994. Beading as a hobby she went on to become a massage therapist, esthetician, and got her nursing degree in Finland. But in 2006 beads wove her back in. Since then she has spent her time fully submerged in beads! She has been working professionally as a designer and teacher since 2006. Liisa has taught at the Bead & Button shows and Bead Fest shows. Along with beads her other major obsession is with cats. Often volunteering in her local shelter and fostering kittens! Cats have been her biggest inspiration in her designing process. And just like cats, her designs are known for being classic, ageless, and graceful….With a few hairballs thrown into the mix.
Liisa was named one of Beadwork magazine’s Designer of the Year in 2014.
Date: Saturday, July 24, 2022
Time: 9:30am – 4:30pm EST (30 minutes lunch break onsite)
Venue: This workshop is available in-person or via Zoom!
In-person location: Pinecrest Gardens, Historical Building, Village of Pinecrest, 11000 Red Road, Pinecrest, FL 33156
Note: Use the Pinecrest Gardens main entrance – we cannot enter from the historical building. Parking will be by the main entrance.
Lunch arrangements: bring your own lunch, coffee available to purchase onsite
WORKSHOP CANCELLATION POLICY
- Payment is due in full at time of registration. If you must cancel a class, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org as early as possible.
- Cancellations received more than 14 days before the starting day of a class will receive a full refund LESS a $25.00 cancellation fee.
- Cancellations received 7 – 13 days before the starting day of a class will receive a 50% refund.
- No refunds are given for cancellations received less than 7 days before the start date of a class. In the event of no refund, students will receive instructors hand-outs and/or instructions and have the option to purchase the instructor’s class kit.