Friday, November 12, 2021
Peyote stitch. Ho Hum. But just a few small tweaks and the versatile peyote stitch goes from simple to spectacular. The tubular peyote Cellini spiral variation turns a plain tube into a cascade of curls. Go a step further. Alternate the Cellini spiral and you have a dramatic undulating wave of sparkle and shine. Learn to taper the stitch down to a flat surface, integrate a little wire work, add a classic bead cap and finish it off with an easy toggle. Serpentine is an eye-catching bracelet that can never be called Ho Hum.
Discipline: Peyote, tubular peyote Cellini Spiral variation, little wire work
Skill level: All
Workshop cost: Member $65, Non-member $90
Kit cost: $45.00 Available in three color ways
Purchase of the kit is HIGHLY recommended!
- Preciosa pearls
- Japanese 11/0 beads in two colors
- Japanese 15/0 beads in two colors
- Delica beads in two colors
- Heavy metal seed beads in two sizes
- Bead caps
- Seamless rounds
- Toggle set
Supplies to bring to class:
- #12 beading needles
- your choice of beading thread (6# Fireline, One G, Nymo B, Hanna, etc.)
- work surface
- task lamp
- OPTIONAL: We will be briefly using needle nose pliers, flat nose pliers, and flush cutters. Bring your own or share the class set.Check the back of your closet for an old-fashioned ceramic beading dish. I found it made it easier to keep my beads in order, but a traditional work surface is fine if you do not have one.
Instructor Name: Linda. Landy
Linda K Landy is known for her unique approach to bead embroidery – sculptural, three-dimensional, and textured – as highlighted in her book, Textured Bead Embroidery.
Linda has been teaching bead weaving since 2001 and has earned a reputation for clear, concise instructions, tremendous patience, and a superb sense of color, along with award-winning designs. She has taught at the Bead&Button Show, Bead Fest, Best Bead Show, and in bead stores in the United States and Canada.
Linda won first prize in the finished jewelry division of Bead Dreams 2012 with a bead embroidered collar entitled Tilt! She was also a 2010 Bead Dreams Finalist. Her beaded box, “Under the Really Big Top” is showcased in the Miyuki Gallery in Hiroshima, Japan. Linda’s necklace “Flirt” was on display in the TOHO BEADS STYLE museum collection in Hiroshima.
Linda has contributed to Bead&Button, Beadwork, Perlen Poesie, The Big Book of Patterns and Creative Beading, Volume 7. She has been a Starman Trendsetter and was a member of the Beadsmith Inspiration Squad.
According to bead embroidery guru Sherry Serafini, “Linda marches to her own beat which is nothing short of fabulous. Her designs are all her own. In my observation classy with a touch of ‘off the wall’ craziness allowing her uniqueness to shine thru making her stand apart from the crowd!”
Date: Friday, November 12, 2021
Time: 9:00am – 4:00pm EST
Venue: Pinecrest Gardens, 11100 Red Road, Pinecrest 33156
Note: Use the Pinecrest Gardens main entrance – we cannot enter from the historical building.
Parking will be by the main entrance.
Lunch Arrangements: bring, coffee available to purchase onsite
WORKSHOP CANCELLATION POLICY
- Payment is due in full at the time of registration. If you must cancel a class, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org as early as possible.
- Cancellations received more than 14 days before the starting day of a class will receive a full refund LESS a $25.00 cancellation fee.
- Cancellations received 7 – 13 days before the starting day of a class will receive a 50% refund.
- No refunds are given for cancellations received less than 7 days before the start date of a class. In the event of no refund, students will receive the instructor’s hand-outs and/or instructions and have the option to purchase the instructor’s class kit.