Learn to create a complex three-dimensional necklace. This pendant is reversible and playful using a unique gemstone that will allow the wearer to play with tiny little silver beads inside the pendant from the back to front. Students will learn how to design, solder, file, polish, cut glass and set a stone.
Skill level: Intermediate to Advanced
Workshop cost: Member $320, Non-member $400
Kit cost: $145
- Sterling silver wire
- Sterling silver sheet
- Sterling silver tubing
- Cabochon gem
- Silver bezel wire
- Glass sheet
- Step-by-step photo tutorial
Items to bring:
- Pen and paper
- An apron to protect clothing
Instructor Name: Robyn Cornelius
Robyn Cornelius has a degree in Fine Arts from the Alberta College of Art and Design – majoring in Jewelry and Metals. She has her own custom design studio in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, called Little Rock Jewelry Studio making art jewelry and fine jewelry. She has worked as a silversmith/goldsmith for over sixteen years. She teaches classes all over Canada and the United States.
Her work is a collection of jewelry that is sculptural and colorful, with clever mechanics and rustic finishes.
Date: Saturday, January 11 and Sunday, January 12, 2020
Time: 9:00am – 4:30pm
NEW Venue: American Legion • 7710 SW 59th Ave, South Miami, FL 33143
Lunch arrangements: bring your own lunch or lunch is available to purchase (Saturday).
WORKSHOP CANCELLATION POLICY
- Payment is due in full at time of registration. If you must cancel a class, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org as early as possible.
- Cancellations received more than 14 days before the starting day of a class will receive a full refund LESS a $25.00 cancellation fee.
- Cancellations received 7 – 13 days before the starting day of a class will receive a 50% refund.
- No refunds are given for cancellations received less than 7 days before the start date of a class. In the event of no refund, students will receive the instructor’s hand-outs and/or instructions and have the option to purchase the instructor’s class kit.